Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Baby Shark

  I've been struggling trying to find the perfect short celebration for the scoreboard game.  It seems if I choose the famous one minute party - my kids go crazy.  I'm not confident enough yet and haven't built up my reserve of questions for mind soccer.  I don't have a lot of time to give towards this endeavor and coming up with a new idea daily was wearing on me.

Enter BABY SHARK. 

This weekend, I stumbled across the Youtube video and thought this might just be the answer.  On Monday, I told my kids that we would keep the same celebration for a week.  That way, they know what to expect and I'm not trying to think of something new each day.  Baby Shark is a camp song that builds on itself and has a catchy little tune with hand gestures.  A perfect marriage to my WBT teaching. 

If they win, I can turn on the video - stand in front of the class - do the gestures and giggle with them as even the toughest of kids begins to laugh while making Grandma Shark gestures.  I couldn't help but smile Monday afternoon when kids were leaving singing the baby shark song. 

And... did I mention our school theme this year is, "Diving into Learning?"  Perfect!

Now ... what about next week?

Any ideas?

Bells

No comments: